Intellectual Property Rights
We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Bevvy website, the Bevvy Service, or any application (including mobile applications) made available by Bevvy (collectively, the “Service”).
We respect the intellectual property rights of others and we prohibit users from uploading, posting or otherwise transmitting on the Service any materials that violate another party’s intellectual property rights. When we receive proper Notification of Alleged Copyright Infringement as described below, we promptly remove or disable access to the allegedly infringing material and terminate the accounts of repeat infringers in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
Notification of Alleged Copyright Infringement
If you believe that a copyrighted work owned by you is accessible on the Service in violation of your copyright, you may provide our Designated Agent with a written communication that contains substantially the following information (please consult your legal counsel or refer to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), Section 512(c)(3)):
- Identify in sufficient detail the copyrighted work or intellectual property that you claim has been infringed so that we can locate the material. For example, “The copyrighted work that is my content appears on the page with the URL: https://www.mysite.com/abcdefg.” If multiple copyrighted works at a single website are covered by your Notification, you may provide a representative list of such works at that website
- Identify the URL or other specific location on the Service that contains the material that you claim infringes your copyright described in Item 1 above. You must provide us with reasonably sufficient information to locate the alleged infringing material. For example, “The content at the following URL infringes on my copyright: https://bevvy.co/the-url-here “
- Provide the electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright or a person authorized to act on the owner’s behalf
- Include a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law
- Include a statement by you that the information contained in your Notice is accurate and that you attest under the penalty of perjury that you are the copyright owner or that you are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf
- Include your name, mailing address and email address
You may send your Notification of Alleged Copyright Infringement to our Designated Agent at:
480 Mission Bay Blvd N, Ste 414
San Francisco, CA 94158
All of the content contributed to Bevvy is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported license, intended to be shared and remixed.
What this means is that you are free to share, copy, distribute, transmit, remix, and adapt the content, whether commercially or non-commercially, only if you give attribution to the original author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work). This is a requirement and not an option.
What this also means is that if you alter, transform, build upon, or otherwise modify the content, you may distribute the resulting content only under the same or similar license. This again is a requirement and not an option.
To clarify what we mean by attribution, let us take a page from the great folks over at Stack Overflow: If you republish this content, you are required to:
- Visually indicate that the content is from Bevvy in some way. It doesn’t have to be obnoxious; a discreet text blurb is fine.
- Hyperlink directly to the original content on the source website (e.g. https://bevvy.co/cocktail/old-fashioned/zbua)
- Show the author names for every recipe, collection, and other content
- Hyperlink each author name directly back to their user profile page on the source website (e.g. https://bevvy.co/jay)
This is about the spirit of fair attribution. Attribution to the website, and more importantly, to the individuals who so generously contributed their time to create and share that content in the first place!